For over 100 years, we have leveraged our passion for tea to build some of the most successful tea programs at Retail and Foodservice. We have become an industry leader in North America through expertise in blending and packing tea, consumer insight, as well as robust product development programs and merchandising tools. Our teas will help you deliver “A Better Cup of Tea” that goes way beyond the cup.
Private Label Tea
Since 1912, we have been providing high quality custom tea blends. We take great pride in ensuring that every package of tea is the best that it can be. Our team of experts has years of experience blending hot and iced teas that offer a range of options to meet individual retailers’ private label needs. From custom formulations for unique private label product innovations, to blend matches for national brands in your market, we deliver tea solutions.
At Mother Parkers, we’ve mastered the artistry and science of blending black, green, herbals, rooibos, white and decaffeinated teas to deliver consistent quality and taste for the most discerning tea consumers.
Black and Flavored Black
Most commonly used in North American tea bags, black tea represents approximately 90% of the tea consumed in the Western world. Black tea is made from fully-oxidized leaves, which produce a hearty, deep and rich flavor in a colored amber brew. Black teas can also be blended with oils, flowers, spices, or herbs to deliver flavored black teas.
Most popular in Asia, green tea is un-oxidized, withered, immediately steamed or pan-fired to prevent oxidation, and then rolled and dried to produce a delicate refreshing taste with a light green color. The beauty of green tea is that it can also be blended extensively with flavors like lemon and mint.
Sometimes referred to as herbal “tea”, these unique blends do not consist of tea leaves at all. Typically, herbal tea is simply the combination of boiling water and botanical ingredients such as flowers, bark, fruit and leaves. Filled with flavorful, soothing or stimulating herbs, rich with their own healing properties, herbal infusions are a great, caffeine-free alternative to traditional teas.
Made from the South African Red Bush plant only found in a small area in the Western Cape province, Rooibos has been popular in South Africa for generations and is now consumed around the world. Rooibos is becoming more popular in Western countries, particularly among health-conscious consumers, due to its high levels of flavonoids (similar to polyphenols). Rooibos tea is also caffeine-free.
White tea is one of the most rare and fine teas in the world, and is also the least processed of all teas. It is made from the tea plant’s unopened or freshly-opened buds that are covered in white-colored hairs. After the new buds are plucked, they are either sun-dried, gently steamed, or oven dried at low temperatures. This removes the water content and produces a tea with a mild flavor and natural sweetness.
Without compromising flavor or quality, caffeine is removed from black and green teas.
Our state-of-the-art production facilities can fill the most popular sizes and package styles to help drive the success of your private label tea program.
- Standard square, round, double chamber “flow through”, with or without tag and envelope
- Premium silken pyramid sachet with or without tag and envelope
- Large family “pitcher” serving
- Standard board carton
- Premium flip-top lid carton with or without perforations
- 20’s, 48’s, 72’s, 80’s,100’s, 144’s, 216’s, bulk 1000’s
Packaging & Design
Our team of experts in Sales, Marketing and Tea Category Management are dedicated to supporting your success. We are committed to building a profitable private label tea program that enhances your customers’ shopping experience and your bottom line.
Our experience and expertise helps us:
- Understand your brand, banner strategy and your target shopper.
- Provide fact-based market data and trends to capitalize on consumer interest in the health benefits of tea.
- Recommend a tea portfolio (assortment, blends, and formats) that appeals to your shoppers while also generating category margin.
- Provide insight on packaging copy to communicate selling features and, product attributes.
- Develop quality packaging material according to your guidelines and deadlines.
- Recommend promotional activity to generate incremental sales and profit.
- Support customer satisfaction with consistent supply and product quality.
- Evaluate launch and post-launch performance with ongoing recommendations that keep pace with changing consumer needs.